Living in Slovakia
Below is a list of links to information that may be of interest to American citizens visiting or residing in Slovakia. This information is compiled from other public sources and is provided solely as a public service; the Embassy cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. The posting of this information on this website does not in any way constitute a recommendation or endorsement of the persons or agencies that may be identified therein.
If you note errors in the information or links that no longer work, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein. The Embassy cannot assume responsibility for the content or integrity of other sites.
- Airline Offices
- Criminal Record Checks
- Slovak Customs Clearance
- Driving in Slovakia
- Emergency Accommodation
- International Women’s Club in Slovakia
- Lawyers in Slovakia
- Local Laws and Regulations
- Marriage in Slovakia
- Purchasing Property in Slovakia
- Residency Permit (Stay in Slovakia over 90 days | FBI Background Check | Fingerprinting)
- Schools in Slovakia
- Sending Money to U.S. Citizens Overseas
- Slovak Citizenship for Foreigners
- Translators and Interpreters
- Veterinary Facilities
- Geneology Information
- Traveling to the U.S. With Pets or Other Animals
- Dual Citizenship Issues
- Lost or Stolen Purse or Wallet